INTERNAL & EXTERNAL MEMO
Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2022-020 Position:
• Assistant Internal Auditor
Location: Ibadan Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Date Posted: 17 October 2022 Closing Date: 31 October 2022
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan:
Position: Assistant Internal Auditor
Contract: 3-year renewable contract Location: Ibadan
• Carry out audit reviews of assigned areas in administration, research, cost centers, and stations.
• Review transaction records for completeness, validity, and accuracy.
• Determine whether transactions processed are genuine, reasonable and comply with the institute’s policies.
• Carry out physical counts of stock items and cash on a need basis.
• Observe the performance of tasks and activities while providing reports on observations.
• Prepare draft reports on assigned tasks for the supervisor’s review.
• Perform follow-up on past audit recommendations and prepare draft reports.
• Upload relevant information on assigned tasks to the Audit Management Software and Teams.
• Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the supervisor.
BSc/HND in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any other related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing a similar or related role in a wellstructured organization, possession of ICAN/ACCA would be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
• Have the ability to use basic Microsoft software (word, excel, PowerPoint).
• Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
• Be able to demonstrate evidence of continuous learning.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching a detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than One Week from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.