New Oyo State Deputy Governor : TEN(10) Things To Know About Him
Following the swearing-in of the new deputy Governor of Oyo state that takes place at the State Secretariat today Monday 18th July,2022 here are what you need to know about the new deputy Governor:
1. His name is BARRISTER ABDULRAHEEM ADEBAYO ADELEKE LAWAL
2. Born to the Muslim family of Mr. Lawal of Agbo Compound Koso Area in Kishi town area of Oke-Ogun about seven decades ago.
3. Barrister Lawal had two Bachelor degrees from the Prestigious University of Ibadan. First one in Economics and the Second is from Law respectively.
4. Baba Bayo Lawal has fondly called by his Kishi people got married to Mrs. Ajibike Lawal who retires as a Zonal Manager in the Banking Industry.
5. In 1999 after the election victory of Chief Lam Adesina, he was appointed as the Hon. Commissioner for Justice and Attorney General to Oyo State. The position he held till 2003.
6. Baba Bayo Lawal has aspired to contest for Oyo North Senatorial District Position in 3 different elections : 2003 -AD, 2007 – AC and 2019 -ADC.
Also Read: https://egalitarianvoice.com/breaking-oyo-state-deputy-governor-rauf-olaniyan-impeached/
7. Baba is known for many humanitarian, and as a veteran lawyer, community developer, and a man of influence, he was honored by the Iba of Kishi HRM Iba Kishi Arowoduye II as Aare Baamofin of Kishiland alongside his wife as Yeye Baamofin of Kishiland.
8. Until his new appointment as the Oyo State Deputy Governor today, he was Chairman, Oyo State Housing Corporation, Ibadan.
9. Chief Barrister Bayo Lawal is a man of great personality, very selfless and vibrant politician. His prowess academically and by extension cultural is very high.
10. Baba belongs to many indigenous groups and associations (ODCF, OPM, OMMD, KPU, Kishi Onibaje, Kishi-First)
Congratulations to him